Thursday 15 April 2010

Hijama Services for both men and women in Boston, Massachusetts, USA


Hijama Services for both men and women in Boston, Massachusetts, USA - By Amin & Nusrat Shah

This is a guest-post in the form of a written interview with Amin & Nusrat Shah - a male & female cupping therapist team based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.

Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?

Assalamualaikum, my name is Amin Shah and I provide the Hijama service right out of my apartment on Commonwealth Ave., in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. While I handle Hijama on the men, my wife Nusrat performs Hijama for the ladies.

I was born and raised in Malaysia, of Indian-Muslim origin. My grandparents migrated to Malaysia as Muslim traders in early 1900s. Though I come from a family of physicians, I am not one myself. However, even as a child, I have always been interested in natural healing remedies as opposed to drug based medications.

I'm primarily in the real estate business, helping Muslims buy their home with no interest using seller-financing. As a sideline activity, I perform Hijama and provide other proven natural health remedies.

I started providing Hijama services because I couldn't find any reliable Hijama service here in the New England area. For those who are not aware, New England comprises of six states in the US, namely Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. There must be about 1 million Muslims living in this region.

I had Hijama performed on me several years ago by the brother from Buffalo, NY when he was visiting Boston. I immediately felt much better after the Hijama service. Then after several months, I had the desire to have it done again but when I called the person, his phone was disconnected and I could not get a hold of him. I tried asking people and doing research on the Internet to see if anyone else does it, but could not find anyone. That was weird to me.

How could it be that with so much health benefits coming from Hijama, and realizing that it’s a sunnah of the Rasullullah (saw), yet there was no one around to provide it? It was an unacceptable condition for me. So I decided that if there is no one who can provide this important service in a reliable manner, then I need to take it upon myself to provide it.

So I researched more and found a highly experienced Hijama practioner from my home country, Malaysia and learnt it from him. Not only did he teach me the procedure of Hijama, I also learnt the clean, hygienic way of doing Hijama. For instance, instead of using blades to make the incisions, we use lancets that are disposable after each use. All cups are also sterilized to ensure they are clean for the next patient. We also use gloves, and disinfection lotion to prevent infections to ensure a clean, safe procedure of Hijama.

What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialize / had the most experience in?

When a patients comes in for the first time, we always do the 6 cups Hijama on his or her back on both sides of the spine. Two cups are placed on the back top shoulders which help cleanse out the toxic blood from the head, neck and shoulders. Two cups on the middle back that cleanse the toxic blood from the liver and kidney meridians. And two cups on the lower back that cleanse the toxic blood from the hips and reproductive areas.

We find this initial 6 cups on the back procedure provides an overall cleansing that's very beneficial to the patients. Many patients of mine have reported much relief of headaches, fatigue, back pain and even knee pain with this procedure.

After this initial 6 cups on the back Hijama, when the patient returns after 4 or 6 months later, we can do a more specialized location, like the head, or knee, etc.

Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)

I recommend any person over 35 years old to do Hijama every 4 months. At the very least, they should do it twice a year. I tell my patients that formation of toxic blood is a natural occurrence of the body. Toxic blood is from the death of the red blood cells, and the death of white blood cells, and other waste materials like uric acid, etc. This accumulation is a natural process of the body. The key is to get rid of this toxic blood accumulation. And Hijama is the process to get rid of the toxic blood. It cannot be got rid of by sweating, urine or faeces or even acupunture. Only Hijama is effective in getting rid of the toxic blood. Thus its important to have Hijama performed on a regular and consistent manner every 4-6 months.

Whereabouts is your clinic or practice located?

I perform the Hijama services right out of my apartment on Commonwealth Ave., in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. As mentioned earlier, my wife Nusrat is available to perform Hijama on ladies. Feel free to contact us by phone at 617-787-5151 and by email: aminshah@shahclan.net

Is there anything else you would like to add?


I feel its important that all Muslims take it upon themselves to have Hijama performed on them regularly. It takes an hour or two per session and by doing it twice a year, a whole host of diseases that are starting to happen in our bodies can be eliminated. It’s a simple procedure, low cost, takes a little time and yet the health benefits are numerous.

I heard a hadith of the Rasullullah (saw) who have been reported to have said, "If one of you dies, and he did not do Hijama, then he himself has caused his death." (something like this more or less )

Hijama is an important sunnah of the Rasullullah (saw) that we must revive and bring it back. I like to see many other Hijama services offered in all major cities across the US where Muslim public can easily go and avail themselves of this great health procedure.

Another hadith of Rasullullahu (saw), "On the night of Isra and Miraj, every angel that I met told me, "Tell your ummat to do Hijama".

FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPISTS:
Amin Shah & Nusrat Shah
Shahclan Ventures
PO Box 441, Boston,
MA 02134
United States of America

CONTACT DETAILS:
Phone: 617-787-5151
Email: aminshah@shahclan.net

_________________________________________________

Our thanks to Amin & Nusrat Shah from Boston, Massachusetts, USA for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for them or indeed have been treated by them and want to leave them a testimonial, then please do so via a comment* below.

If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: hijama.mail@gmail.com.

.

6 comments:

  1. Assalaam alikum,

    Very good what you're doing brother, but is this not the Korean hijama that is not exactly the same as Sunnah hijama.
    The points for sunnah hijama are slightly different.

    Also hijama is recommended before 35 yrs of age!

    There are some discrepancies with the Sunnah and this Malaysian way of hijama, althought the latter is without doubt beneficial.

    wswrwb, Faridah Birmingham UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asak,

    There are lot of precautions to be taken while doing Hijama. First of all even the cups which are being used should be disposable ones as there are lot of Blood borne diseases like HIV, Hepatitis etc.A practitioner should be trained with First Aid & CPR technique as some patients collapse if proper care is not taken like taking complete History of diseases like epilepsy, talassemia, Asthma etc.
    In United Arab Emirates, the ministry of Health issues licences to qualified medical practitioners to prevent any adverse affects.

    Dr Syed Asaduddin Ahmed,
    Unani medicine & Hijama Practitioner,
    Licensed by MOH & DOH,
    Sharjah,
    UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brother and Sisters
    Back in 2008 i posted a notice about how important for Muslims who seek healing and pain relief from Medical Ailments to seek Medical Doctors who perform Hijama and NO ONE ELSE, and i gave examples of how dangerous it is for some one who is not a medical professional to perform Hijama on others, and the consequences of such action, either from the Islamic perspective or from the moral or legal ones.
    I would urge everyone to look harder for a medical doctor in your area or even in a different area who can do the Hijama professionally.
    If anyone disagrees with what i said here, kindly please email me at eternalpeaceforall @hotmail.com and let me know your point of view.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Brother/sister,

    Kindly give me a place i can go to in San Mateo
    (San Francisco) in california for cupping.
    i need to go to one very soon, preferably a muslim who will respect our prophet's saws sunnah. Will it help for a bald head and also for my cancer? Please help.
    Jazak Allah Khair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AA - Is there any one who offers cupping services in Houston, TX - JAK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in California Fontana , is there anybody can do hijama to me in this area . tnks

    ReplyDelete