Wednesday 12 October 2011

Hijamah in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - by Zeshan Ali Khan

This is a guest-post in the form of a written interview with Zeshan Ali Khan - a male cupping therapist based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.


Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being hijama therapists?

My name is Zeshan Ali Khan, I am from Pakistan. I did Masters in computer sciences from Gomal University D.I.Khan Pakistan in 1998. After completing my education I got work visa for Saudi Arabia in August 2001 and finally settled in Jeddah.
Now recently I am working in IT department of one of the retail business company in KSA.
We have a history of lower back pain and head-ache as a family problem, and I recently suffered from these conditions as well. For that, I had so many treatments; also I had my MRI which was very normal. One of my friends introduced me to Hijamah. Still I was reluctant to have Hijamah therapy for myself. Instead I got proper training from Brother Abu Abdul Wali, as my wife was more interested than me to learn Hijamah and practice it, so that is why she also got proper training from Umm Abdul Wali.
And I am sure that Brother Abu Abdul Wali and his wife both are one of the best Hijamah therapists in this world. He is not only my teacher but a good friend also. I saw and did so many cases with my teacher. And almost all the patients obtained cured with great results.
So after learning, my wife did my Hijamah for the first time, she applied three cups 2 on Akhda'ain and one on Kahil. And from the very first session I was feeling relief from backache. Alhamdolillah
And why not because this is a Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), which was the main point that forced us to learn Hijamah.
- What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialize / had the most experience in?
For the lower back pain and usually it is related to spinal Cord, I cupped lot of patients complaining lower back pain. And 8 cups plan on back gives a sound result in this scenario.
- And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
In all my case list for all patients except one OR maybe two had positive results starting from the next day of Hijamah. And as per my experience for migraine, leg pain and backache Hijamah is like a pouring of water on fire, and of course healing always comes from the sky.
- Do you have any interesting case-studies that you can briefly share with us from your hijama treatments?
I have so many cases in my case list. The most common problem for which patients come to me is Backache, for which I apply 2 cups on Akhda'ain, one on Kahil and 2 cups along the backbone and 2 cups bilaterally in the lumber region. This plan of cupping usually helps in this problem.
And the second case of migraine responds well to 2 cups on the scalp Yafookh and Haamah. These 2 points are the best location for migraine and I saw many patients recovering from migraine after applying 2 cups on the scalp.
And the 3rd case which I experienced with very good results was a case of Allergic Asthma. In these patients I use to apply 5 cups. Two on Akhda'ain one on Kahil and two bilaterally on the back in the lungs region.
And also for the patients who use to complaint for the knee pains, I apply 3 cups on each knee, that is left, right and on the top of knee. One of my friend was complaining for knees pain especially during Salaat in Rukoo'. After applying 6 cups on his both knees, it gave tremendous result and patient recovered after first session Alhamdolillah.
But for sure the healing always comes from the sky.
- Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
As Hijamah is the beautiful Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) so for us being a Muslims there should not be any doubt to adopt Hijamah therapy as a first aid. And as per my experience one should repeat Hijamah after six months especially for the spinal related issues.
- As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
Of course 17th, 19th and 21st of the Islamic months are the best days for Hijamah, but one can perform it on any other days based on requirements.
For my lower back pain issue once in six months I use to have Hijamah performed by my wife. My wife has become an expert in Hijamah therapy, as she has done lots of cases. By profession, she is a medical doctor but recently, she is practicing Hijamah exclusively.

- What is the overall prevalence of hijama therapy in your country at present? 

 
In Saudi Arabia I think that local Arabs are already familiar with Hijamah, & expatriates are also having the awareness of this forgotten Sunnah. And I believe that my teacher brother Abu Abdul Wali has played crucial role and of course he is one of the pioneer for spreading this forgotten Sunnah among Indo/Pak community in Saudi Arabia. May Allah reword him the best as he deserves.
Is it now available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy?
 

As currently I am staying in Saudi Arabia, one of my friends told me that there are some hospitals probably in Makkah region practicing Hijamah therapy. But personally I didn’t see any Hijamah clinic around.
But in Pakistan there are many clinics that are using Hijamah as a valid alternative/Sunnah therapy.

- Is there anything else you would like to add?
As per our beloved Prophet Mohamed (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "Indeed the best of remedies you have is Hijamah".
So I request to all readers that they must learn Hijamah. Specially teach Hijamah to your sisters, mother and wife, as we are short of female Hijamah therapists. So it is a good practice that a man should cup the male and a woman should cup the females.
We can find lot of information on Tibb-e-Nabawi on :

FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Zeshan Ali Khan

LOCATION:

Jeddah
Saudi Arabia

CONTACT DETAILS:

Email:
zali323@hotmail.com



_________________________________________________


Our thanks to Zeshan Ali Khan from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for sharing the above post. If you have any questions for Br Hasan or indeed have been treated by him and want to leave him a testimonial, then please do so via a comment* below.


If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to:
hijama.mail@gmail.com.

*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear

---------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment