Tuesday 6 September 2011

Hijama in Dubai, UAE

Hijama in Dubai, UAE

The following is a guest blog-post in the form of a written interview with Hamza Ali, a male cupping therapist in Dubai, UAE.


1.    Please give us a short introduction about yourself, and in particular how you ended up being a hijama therapist?
My name is Hamza Ali and a mechanical engineer by profession. I am based in Dubai UAE and have been working in UAE for the past 19 years. I used to suffer from lower back pain (Muscle inflammation) from time to time. I came to know about the hijama treatment from one of my Syrian colleagues. Then I located a hijama therapist in Abu Dhabi and got my 1st hijama done by him. I got relief from the pain and stopped taking pain killers. Then I learnt the hijama therapy and procedure from the same person.
2.    What particular illnesses/ conditions (if any), do you specialize / had the most experience in?
I specialize in treating back pain, Knee pain, Gout, frozen shoulder, general health, reducing Cholesterol and Hypertension.
3.    And do you find that in your experience, the conditions/illnesses that you have come across respond well to cupping (hijama) therapy? And if so, what are they?
As per my experience Hijama therapy is highly beneficial in treating pains like back pain, knee pain, gout and also in reducing Cholesterol and hypertension.
4.    Do you have any interesting case-studies that you can briefly share with us from your hijama treatments?
The most recent case study is about a brother who was referred to me by Mr. Hassan Shami. The patient was having initial indications of Diabetes and above average Cholesterol. As per the requirements I did the cupping and we had used 6 cups on the back. The patient was also given a Tibbe-Nabawi diet and herbs. The results were very encouraging. The LDL, HDL and Triglycerides have all come under healthy averages. This case study is available on http://www.tibbenabwi.com also (Lipids, ALT/GPT with Hijamah ).


I am myself a case study for my back pain and knee pain. Even though I had Knee surgery done a few years a ago the pain had not gone and it was increasing day by day. I could not walk properly and was limping. Then I decided to do Hijama on my left knee. I used 4 cups around my knee. It is 45 days now and the knee is free of pain.
5.    Also what would you say about using cupping as a general preventative therapy and how often would you recommend this (once a month? once/twice a year?)
In my opinion Cupping should be done regularly once in 3-4 months for general well-being. It removes the toxic blood from the body; it increases NO levels in the body which in turn increase vigor and vitality.
6.    As a hijama therapist, how often do you get hijama done yourself, and what for (if any specific condition) and who do you go to get it done (since it is not an easy therapy to self-administer)?
 I get my hijama done once every 4 months. My wife is also trained in hijama and she does hijama for me.
7.    What is the overall prevalence of hijama therapy in your country at present?
 The overall prevalence of hijama therapy is good in UAE among local and expatriate Arabs. Very few (negligible) Indian and Pakistani expatriates know of hijama therapy and its benefits as this community forms a large component of expatriate community in UAE. 
8.    Is it now available in hospitals and clinics as a valid alternative / sunnah therapy? 
Yes, hijama has been recognized by Ministry of health UAE and is available in a few private clinics as a form of treatment.
9.    Is there anything else you would like to add?
I would like to congratulate you for propagating this form of treatment which was preferred by our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him). More work is needed to bring awareness for hijama among people as this is a safe, economical and strong treatment for a lot of diseases.

FEATURED HIJAMA THERAPIST:
Hamza Ali


LOCATION
Dubai
UAE


CONTACT DETAILS:


Our thanks to Hamza Ali from Dubai, UAE for sharing the above post. If you have any questions or want to leave some feedback for him, then please do so via a comment* below.


If you are a hijama therapist or patient and are happy to share your knowledge or experience via a guest blog-post like the one above, please send me an email to: hijama.mail@gmail.com.


*Comments are moderated to prevent spamming so may take some time to appear
---------------------------------------------


8 comments:

  1. Bhai Hamza Ali is our only TRUST for Hijamah in UAE, his hands are blessed with Shifa for Ummat-e-Muhamamd, may Allah's Mercy be on him & his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam.... I am patient and I want to do the treatment.can you send phone number and address of dubai to my e-mail address please . i shall be very thankfull to you. my e-mail is
    sirajraees@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. asalam o alikum
    my name is kaleem ashraf , i wanted the hijama treatment , it will be very kind of you if you could send me the address and contact no. in dubai. my mail address ... fly2klm@gmail.com
    and my cell no. 0556309850

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASALAM aLAIKUM, Brothers, i want to do hijama, can you give me the address, thanks
    055-3965322

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hamza,

    I have just sent you an email, I am looking forward for your response. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Asim Adeel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to take the course of HIJAMA,

    kindly guide me

    iqbal - 0551258030 - Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to take the course of HIJAMA,
    please send me the course details and it costs
    rijinmaliyakkal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sir, I am a diabetic patient from the last 13 years. Is there any treatment in HIJAMA for it.
    Could your kindly guide me.

    Regards
    Jehan Zeb
    0529895686

    ReplyDelete